Thursday, November 19, 2009

'No-No Nonette' at the Avalon Theatre

This Halloween I did a show at the Avalon Theatre in Easton, MD.
It's a live-to-air variety radio show called Radio From Downtown, loosely affiliated with NPR. Click the link to learn more about it.
(The guy holding the 'applause' sign is Van Williamson, the band guitarist and show producer).

Anyway, the gig is basically a run-through in the afternoon followed by a dinner break and then the show that night. I'm in the house band (called the 'No-No Nonette'). We play a bunch of interludes and the like, plus get a few featured numbers. Not my usual kind of gig but I'm not knocking the variety and I always like a challenge.

So for your critique I'm posting links to four of the featured tunes we performed (mp3 format), excerpted from the live radio feed that went out that night - essentially a sight read. They're mainly stock charts from Dave Pell, which were perfectly suited for the Nonette:


Curious? Listen to the entire show, warts and all, HERE

No comments: